Sunday, November 11, 2012

Working

I haven't been to the new old house all weekend.  There is a lot to do in the old house what with emptying it out, and cleaning it up so that we can put it on the market.  I have to say I consider myself very lucky that we are able to do things this way.  I can't imagine the work and stress involved with having to get your house ready to sell and having it on the market WHILE you are living in it.  With all the animals we have, we decided that that would just not be possible for us to do, hence the reason we bought a house before selling our current one, which of course comes with its own set of stresses, mainly the responsibility and financial burden of owning two houses.
Anyway, we are slowly getting things moved over, but can't actually move in until the heat situation is resolved.  So for now, I'll show you some pictures of what the animals think of the move:

Jude and Bogart are very interested in everything we do, and are always under foot.
Szerecsendio also wants to know what's going on.
Ally, on the other hand, is happy as long as she has a bed to lie in.
And the birds are also happy and oblivious.

The bugs feel the way the birds do, happy and oblivious.  (Not pictured this time, but don't you worry, I'll have some cockroach pictures for you before long.)

And we are moving things into our mini storage and power-washing the house with the help of a friend:



I will leave you with a couple of pictures from the old house of the places I love, and I hope that I will have an equally lovely, (if not more so) place in the new house.




My plants and our living room.  To be re-created, only better :)

                                                                                                                                          Adel

No comments:

Post a Comment