Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Little by little...

Remember my deadline?  January 29.  We'll get there little by little.  Last week I moved the birdies over.  I also moved them to a new cage.  It was a bit stressful for all concerned, but we all survived.  And today, when I went to visit, they were back to singing their usual songs.  (They were quiet for a few days.)

Bendi and I visited over the weekend, and while I worked on making a fire, (which is NOT an easy thing to do, but I'm very happy of my progress), Bendi was outside playing.

Finally, a good fire going.
After a while, Bendi came to one of the doors and started banging on it urgently.  He wanted to be let in, and he had something in his hands.  When I opened the door, he announced that he found a caterpillar outside who might be frozen.  Now, if you know anything about me, you'd know that I jumped to right away, understanding the urgency of the situation.  I told him to bring it in, put it among one of the potted plants and wait and see if it could warm up and start moving.  In a few minutes, to our joy, it did indeed uncurl and start moving.  Bendi was very happy.  After this, he stayed inside, and managed to find a fly that was still alive, but barely.  I told him that flies usually die in the fall, and don't live through the winter, but he wanted to try to save it.  So we proceeded to put the fly among the potted plants as well, and hope for the best. Bendi was talking about how famous the fly and him would become in case, by some miracle, the fly survived winter.  It would be the first fly ever to have survived, and he surely would be famous.
Now, if you know me at all, you would understand how happy and proud it makes me to have a son who loves all of nature's creatures like this, and if you don't know me, you might just thing I'm crazy, and that I am bringing up my son to be the same, but the truth is, I don't care.  I have been told that I need to toughen him up, (when someone saw him crying over a friend squishing a bug), but I am very proud of what a gentle soul he is.  That is how I am too, and I wouldn't want him to be any other way.

While we were there, I also managed to make a bracelet for myself while Bendi swept*, and we played some Connect Four while sipping tea.  After which we took a walk on the trail.  (Unfortunately, without the dogs this time.)  In other words, a beautiful afternoon spent at this great house.

*Please don't think that my son sweeps on a regular bases.  This was his first, and probably his last time ever.  He found the broom in the kitchen and decided to use it, that's all.  Since there was a lot of dirt, he was sweeping for a while, managing to hit me in the head with the handle while doing it, so, all in all, a pretty normal kid.

I needed to use the flash so you can see the colors.

Thank you for reading.  It is such fun writing this blog, and photographing for it, I hope you have almost as much fun reading it as I do making it.

Bye for now....


  1. Beautiful photos. I think you like living in the country.

  2. nice photos lady. I especially like the one of Bendi in the window.

    1. Oh, thank you Genevieve. I'm happy to be taking some photos again.